Translation & Interpretation Services: Overview
- Translation Service Standard / EN 15038 Certificate of Translation Services
- Over 50 languages served
- Over 300 Qualified & Accredited Translators
- Education, Business, Marketing, Health, Social Services, Settlement, Administrative Law
- Accurate and Verified Translations
- Corporate member of AILIA
- Interpretation in over 55 languages
- Education, Health, Legal, Settlement, Insurance, Business, Personal
- Over 400 Trained and Certified language Interpreters
Interpreter Training Program - Certificated
- Language Proficiency Test - ILSAT, CILISAT
- Based on Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration curriculum
- Theoretical and Practical training
- Evenings and weekends classes
- Industry recognized certificate
The Centre for Education & Training, Translation & Interpreter Services department, is a corporate member of AILIA Association del'industrie de la langue Language Industry Association. Some of our translators and verifiers are also members of ATA (American Translators Association) or ATIO (Association of Translators and Interpreters of Ontario).
The Centre for Education & Training has obtained the Translation Service Standard Certificate of Translation Services (please see enclosed copy of the certificate).
Developed by the Canadian General Standards Board and approved by the Standards Council of Canada, CGSB 131.10 is now the National Standard for Translation Services. The CGSB 131.10 Translation Services Standards Certification ensures professionalism of our services.
In addition to Translation Services Certificate, our department has received a certificate for LICS CISP Interpretation Services.
This certificate ensures that services we provide are with the accordance to the requirements of the LICS Certification Scheme Community Interpreting Service Provider. This LICS certification scheme endorses the National Standard Guide for Community Interpreting Services, published by the Healthcare Interpretation Network – HIN. Toronto.
It confirms that our translators and interpreters are certified and trained in the ethical practice of professional translation and have knowledge and expertise in different fields.
Introducing 90 hrs Core Interpreter Training Program
The Centre for Education and Training, Translation & Interpretation Services department introduces Interpreter Training program based on the Ontario Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration Core Language Interpreter Training Curriculum which includes orientation to sectors and environments in which interpreters will be expected to provide services.
Our course curriculum will allow you to:
- Increase interpreting competence in various of settings
- Enhance your legal, medical, education and court terminology
- Improve your knowledge and understanding of health, court, immigration and educational sectors
Download the flyer (PDF)
Corporate member of AILIA
Association de l'industrie de la langue
Language Industry Association
We are now a member of the HIN - Healthcare Interpretation Network, a network of individuals and organizations dedicated to improving access to high-quality healthcare for patients with limited English proficiency. HIN has developed a National Standard Guide for Community Interpreting Services.