The CLBA-LL is a procedure that combines elements of both CLBA and the former Canadian Language Benchmarks Literacy Assessment (CLBLA).
The Canadian Language Benchmarks for Adult Literacy Learners document published in 2015 introduced a new scale for the measurement of literacy ability. The scale aligns literacy benchmarks with Canadian Language Benchmarks so clients can be placed accurately and served appropriately in the classes that are available to them.
Because literacy placement test results must be based on the client’s ability to perform literacy tasks in English, the CLBA-LL has been designed to render CLB-based results.
Included in CLBA-LL Training:
- 2 days of trainer-facilitated intensive instruction, skill application and coaching
- Instruction in test administration protocol
- Review of interview skills, with a focus on literacy clients
- Analysis and scoring of case studies
- Application of learned skills through practice interviews with literacy clients
- CLBA-LL certification
- A CLBA-LL kit for certified candidates
- Additional CLBA-LL material as developed (e.g. test revisions/updates)
Assessor Training Eligibility
Candidates for CLBA-LL training must have prior CLBA certification. All candidates for training must meet the Criteria for Candidates for Assessor Training. Candidates and their sponsoring organization/centre will be held responsible for ensuring that all terms and conditions of CLBA-LL use are adhered to, as described in the Agreements.