Are you an internationally trained finance or accounting professional looking for work?
SETCAN is a FREE program for finance and accounting professionals who have been in Canada for 5 years or less, and NOT worked in their field.
- Three Week in-class program
- Possibility of 3 month paid internship in finance & accounting fields*
- One to one employment planning and support
*Depending on eligibility & established service criteria
The Skills and Experience Transitioning Canada (SetCan) program is designed for internationally trained accounting and finance professionals to become equipped with the necessary skills and tools to enter the Canadian workforce. This program is funded by Employment and Social Development Canada and presented by The Centre for Education and Training.
SetCan includes a three-week mandatory in-class instruction; CPA Ontario Speed Networking event; one to one individual support; individual employment action plan development and three months of paid internship. Not all participants are eligible for the paid internship opportunity as this is based on a Points Matrix System.
Eligibility Criteria for Setcan
To qualify individuals must have the following:
- Post-secondary degree in the finance or accounting field
- Two or more years work experience in the accounting or finance sector
- A recent immigrant (less than 5 years in Canada )
- Eligible to work in Canada (Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Conventional Refugee)
- NO previous finance or accounting work experience in Canada
- Actively searching for full-time employment
- Canadian Language Benchmark 7 or higher (verbal and written), based on completion of language assessment.
Prospective candidates will be invited to orientation and assessment sessions. For more information and to book an orientation session please contact us.
(905) 949-0049 Ext. 9002