Are you a newcomer woman to Canada, currently without work or in temporary jobs?
Milestones to Employment is a FREE* employment program that can place you in a steady, high-demand and long-term career opportunity.
Milestones to Employment is a research project (funded by IRCC*) to assist Visible Minority Newcomer Women with little or no previous work experience, who are open to entry-level careers in the high-demand Commercial Cleaning and Institutional Food Service (Catering) industries.
- 4-week classroom training to help you get a job and prepare you for a successful career.
- 12-week paid work-placement with a professional company in Commercial Cleaning or Food Service.
- One-on-one employment coaching and support.
- Transportation and Childcare support during training for eligible clients.
*Program funded by Immigration, Refugees & Citizenship Canada.
- Visible Minority Newcomer Woman.
- Permanent Resident or Convention Refugee.
- Canadian Language Benchmark 4 or higher.
- High School Diploma or higher.
- Availability to attend the MANDATORY 4-week classroom training from 10 am - 2 pm, Monday to Friday, at Sussex Centre, Community Door in Mississauga.
- Commitment to participate in the 12-week, paid, full-time work-placement with an employer engaged in Commercial Cleaning or Food Service at their worksites anywhere across the GTA.
- Commercial Cleaning Program, Group 1: August 2020**
- Food Service Program, Group 2: September 2020**
**Program dates are tentative and will be based on COVID19 business reopening guidelines.
Contact us. Please call or email us to discuss your interest and eligibility.
Commercial Cleaning Program: 416-475-1814
Food Service Program: 416-428-9748
We will invite you to attend our Information Session.