Funding provided by the Government of Canada through the Canada Job Grant Programs delivered by the Government of Ontario
Centre for Education & Training is pleased to assist employers with their Canada-Ontario Job Grant (COJG) applications.
The COJG provides direct financial support for employers to deliver training to existing and new employees. This grant program allows employers to choose both the training that meets their workforce development needs and the individuals to be trained.
The Canada Ontario Jobs Grant provides direct financial support for employers looking to purchase training for their workforce. The cost of the training is a shared investment between employers and the government. Up to a $15,000 grant per person is available.
COJG Quick Facts:
- The Government provides up to $15,000 per person for training costs.
- Employers with 100 or more employees contribute 1/2 of the total training costs.
- Smaller employers with less than 100 employees contribute 1/6 of total training costs.
- Employers hiring an employee who is unemployed may be eligible to receive 100% funding for the training of that individual.
- Training must be less than 1 year, and be delivered by an eligible, third party trainer.
- Employers are required to complete an application and submit it on-line in order for funding to be considered.
- Please note that funding is not guaranteed. Applications must be assessed and approved prior to the start of training.
For more information or to apply for the Canada Ontario Job Grant please call or email
(905) 949-0049 ext. 1010